J. Cecil Ferguson founded the company in 1927 as the J.C. Ferguson Manufacturing Works, to supply centrifugal liners and other products to the sugar industry. In 1937, the Providence facility was built and the company was reincorporated as Ferguson Perforating and Wire Company. Prior to WWII, Ferguson developed the know-how to manufacture perforated metal screens and soon after Ferguson became the premier company worldwide for perforated metal screens, and other metal filtration parts.
In 1972 Cecil Ferguson’s son, Bruce, became president of the company. By this time the company was manufacturing perforated metal parts for numerous applications in many markets around the world. In 1995, the company built a 25,000 sq. ft. plant in New Castle, Pennsylvania to be able to serve our growing customer base.
Today, as one of the largest perforators in the world, we continue to gain market share by focusing on offering our customers perforated metal solutions which not only enhance the functionality of their parts, but also help them grow. Our commitment to our existing and new customers is that we will continuously invest in upgrading our technology and improving our customer service.
Our customers’ success ensures our future! That has been our motto and will continue to be in the years ahead.